Friday, February 12, 2010

Things Aren't Always As They Seem....


...Which is excactly the case with the snow conditions on Black Mountain. I mean sure, we're not buried in it like the folks down south...but all things relative, we are certainly far better off! I don't know about you, but I'd still prefer to be on Black Mountain enjoying a stock pile of man made snow than in the city shoveling out a stock pile of natural! Hands down! Now, I realize the media has made it seem as if the flowers are practically sprouting up here in New Hamphire, but I'm here to tell you, it's just not so. And I can appreciate that you need to see it to believe it...so here it is. This photo, taken just hours ago, is one of countless, montstrous piles our snowmaking crew crafted over the past 2 months. And now our grooming crew is artfully distributing them where needed, offering our skiers and riders excellent conditions all over the mountain. Quite honestly, I have heard more compliments on our condititions this season, than ever! Now, we won't go as far as to say that we would'nt love to be reporting the 6 plus feet DC is to date, but we will be happy with what we have... great ski and ride conditions with a jam packed calendar of events served on the side (see this coming weeks schedule below). And we hope that you will too....so dig yourself out of the city and come enjoy the White Mountains!

1 comment:

  1. We skied at Black Mountain the day before this was taken. I'm from the Washington DC area. While we were admiring the snow sculptures and having a blast skiing, my poor wife was home buried in 6 feet of snow. She said there were some drifts over 9 feet tall. When I got home 3 weeks later, the snow was still in the driveway, heavy and compacted, waiting for me to shovel it. I am now counting the days to come back up there for some more skiing in March.

    Steve S

    ReplyDelete